Thursday, November 17, 2011

A little bit of Africa

I just got back from a wonderful trip to my birthplace, Johannesburg South Africa. I had the most amazing time seeing my family, and a few of my old friends. I didn't realize just how much i'd missed them until i was there.

Mom and i did some amazing things over. We played with monkeys, cheetah's and baby lions. We went on a game drive and saw lions (which were within touching distance), elephants, rhinos, giraffes, hares, zebra, and springbok. We took a trip to Sun City for a couple of days, and spent some time tanning and swimming at their fake beach. We spent a lot of time with grandpa, Michelle and Nick which was really wonderful. Nick is so much fun, he reminds me a lot of my brother. We got a chance to see my uncles. I even saw a couple of old school friends, so strange seeing people after 7 years.

Enough yammering about what i did. Here are some photos for you yo enjoy.

Mom and i at her 30 year arts high school reunion. 

About to gamble for the very first time with my step gran Michelle. She won a fortune at the roulette table. 

Mom and i getting out swim on at Sun City. Sun City is a resort type lace that has a fake beach, a wave pool, water slides, eating places, a safari etc. Loads of fun.

At the bottom of this picture you can see a grey line, that is the bottom of the vans window. That is how close this lion was to me. :o

A very large pack of elephants.

Aapie the monkey having fun with my curls at the Monkey Sanctuary. 

Grandpa's new kitten, currently named Tigger (but has had several names before this, so we'll see what sticks). 

We attended Jodi and Peter's engagement party while we were in Joburg. This is the part of the lovely family. Jodi is the gorgeous girl in the bottom right, and Peter is next to her. 

Here's my outfit at the engagement. I love my Max & Co. dress. Mom was in love with it too.

My very cute half uncle Nick giving mom lots of love. 

CHEETAH! I got to play with a cheetah named Mesai. He purred, he played, he listend when we told him to sit or to tap our hands. And his brother Felix meowed, just like a cat.

We also plated with lion cubs who are not as friendly as cheetahs, but still very cute. 

Petunia x

No comments: